Do you want to be part of a sponsorship program that makes the most of your contribution? Hands Up for Africa is providing a unique opportunity to make a real difference in the life of a child living in poverty in Kenya. Child Sponsorship through HUFA is a chance to provide HOPE and JOY for a child that was recently living on the streets near Africa’s second largest slum.
We are a bit different from other sponsorship programs because almost 99% of your donation goes directly to the Avchen Abigail Mercy Academy (AAMA) where your sponsor child is living and going to school. We are 100% volunteer run and have had many external supporters offer their services either for free or at extremely reduced costs – this allows us to keep administrative costs very low.
Imagine being able to provide the basic necessities for health and wellness to some of the poorest children on the planet. Your monthly donation improves children’s lives by providing them with:
- A safe place to sleep each night
- Three nutritious meals a day made with locally grown food
- Education from a local, qualified teacher daily in a classroom just metres from their home
- A uniform for school and clothing for other daily activities
- Learning in practical skills such as sustainable agriculture and farming
- The ability to give back to their communities as they mature
- A meaningful connection to sponsors who are helping improve their lives
- Stimulation to the local economy – our community partner purchases everything locally
- Hope for a future free of poverty
What is required of sponsors?:
- A commitment of $480/year or $40 month paid by post-dated cheques or if you prefer the convenience of automatic Pay Pal payments your commitment is $41.20 per month (to cover the Pay Pal administrative fee). Your donation is tax-deductible as a charitable contribution.
- At least two letters per year to sponsored child, no gifts included. Correspondence can be more frequent if preferred and may be able to be set up via email.
Who can sponsor?:
- Any individual, family, or group (think work, book club, church group, choir etc)
It takes a village to raise a child, and with your support Hands Up for Africa is helping to raise a village of children. Your donation allows us to provide sustainable solutions for the children at the AAMA and gives them a chance to break out of the cycle of poverty.